2nd Call For Applications
Cordaid is seeking partnerships with Civil Society Organizations to enhance the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda across Iraq.
As part of the British National Action Plan 1325 in line with the Conflict, Stability, and Security Fund (CSSF) – Iraq Programme, the project “Women’s Voices First – Women Leading the Way to Inclusive Peace in Iraq” will support Iraqi grassroots women-led, feminist, women’s rights organizations (WROs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to jointly advance a localized and transformative Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda. The project aims to contribute to inclusive peace and security in communities across federal and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq committing itself to the following pillars – enabling CSOs, including grassroots women-led, feminist and women’s rights organizations to:
- Implement programming on self-defined WPS priorities that meet the identified needs of women and girls in their communities.
- Operate as self-reliant development actors who can manage and access funding as well as implement programming on self-defined WPS priorities.
- Establish a network of CSOs and WROs, representing the diversity of Iraqi communities, by lobbying and advocating for inclusive political processes and (inter)national policies on peace and security in Iraq.
The project interventions include:
- Capacity strengthening through training: Technical training such as proposal development, financial management and programmatic training (e.g., sexual gender-based violence or (S)GBV response, Psychological First Aid, Do No Harm, and Digital Security).
- Research: Through community engagement, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), Key Informant Interviews (KIIs), and personal story collection of women and girls affected or impaired by societal norms.
- Flexible, multi-year funding for WPS programming.
- Networking, exchanging of best practices, and peer to peer learning.
- Lobbying and advocacy: Joint development of a localized WPS agenda.
Grassroots women-led, feminist, CSOs and WROs with an interest to jointly work with other Iraqi CSOs and Cordaid to advance the WPS agenda are kindly invited to express their interest to be part of this project. Youth-led organizations or CSOs working with youth who have a desire to be a part of the women, peace and security agenda are also encouraged to apply. Capacity building workshops will begin in September 2022. This project will make modest funding available for our partners in addition to offering a chance to apply for future calls for proposals which will be issued on an annual basis.
Partners may submit their proposals for the second round of funding before July 26th., 2022 at 11:59 PM.
How to apply to become part of the network:
- Please fill in the grant application format (Annexes A & C) & submit additional annexes as according to the checklist.
How to apply to become part of the network and submit a grant application for project funding:
- Please submit the full grant application format (Annexes A, B, C & D) & submit additional annexes as according to the checklist.
** DISCLAIMER: CSOs can register now to take part in aforementioned interventions even if they are not requesting a grant for this financial year and would still be eligible to apply for the next round of funding.
The grant appraisal committee aims to review applications within three weeks of the submission deadline. Projects may start from the 1st of September onwards on a rolling basis.
The grant maximum is up to $70.000 USD with a project duration of 3 to 12 months. Applications will be assessed based on their aim to make a meaningful change for women and girls in their community to advance the WPS agenda. Priorities are mentioned in the application form, but partners may also include additional priorities relevant to the Women, Peace & Security Agenda.
To apply, please send the completed documents, including the signed checklist to: firstname.lastname@example.org before July 26, 2022, at 11:59 PM. Those organizations that find it difficult to apply in English, may also submit in Arabic. An application form in Arabic can be requested via email: HAM@cordaid.org.
If you have any questions regarding the application submission, please send an email to HAM@cordaid.org with the subject line “CSSF-WPS Project” no later than July 19, 2022.
About Cordaid: Cordaid is an internationally operating value-based emergency relief and development organisation, working in and on fragility. We stand with those who are hit hardest by poverty and conflict. We support them in their struggle to move beyond survival and to fully participate in equitable and resilient societies. Visit our website for more information: www.cordaid.org. Cordaid MENA has been established in 2015. In the aftermath of conflict within the region, we aim to deliver services in the field of health care, security and justice, agriculture, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and shelter. We also focus on the rehabilitation of basic infrastructure, as well as vocational training, livelihoods, protection mainstreaming and women and youth leadership programs. In Iraq, Cordaid acts as an implementing agency and works currently with partner organizations in 15 provinces.